What is your shipping policy?
We do not store credit card details, nor do we share customer details with any third parties. It may take up two weeks for you to receive your order from when you place your order as the bagels are custom-made. We use either Royal mail or APC overnight services for local or international delivery.
Where do I store Ready Raw Bagels?
We proudly use no preservatives in our products and cold temperature prolongs our shelf life. Ready Raw fresh bagels are best stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or freezer (up to 6 months) depending on your planned consumption.
How long are the best before dates?
We try and deliver the Bagel Bites (in all flavours) to you with a minimum of 3 months shelf life.
You are what you can digest?
Bioavailability is the term used to describe the difference between what we ingest and the actual amount of “goodness” we receive from what we’ve ingested. It is only one of the many amazing changes that take place when we germinate seeds.
What is glycemic index (GI)?
GI is a ranking of carbohydrates on a scale of 1 to 100 according to the extent to which they raise the blood sugar after eating. Foods with a high GI are digested, absorbed and metabolised rapidly and consequently cause large fluctuations in blood sugar levels. Foods with a low GI are absorbed into the bloodstream and digested slowly, resulting in gradual increase in blood sugar and insulin levels. Low GI foods help you to feel full for longer, helping with imbalances in blood sugar levels that lead to inflammation, fatigue, support sustainable energy, diabetes and metabolic syndrome. Foods with a GI value of 55 or less are considered low.
* For example, a plain rice cracker has a glycaemic index (GI) of 91, meaning carbohydrates are rapidly digested, providing a quick burst of energy that will fade and leave you hungry and vulnerable to overeating.
Watch out for those many nasties added in seemingly harmless crackers: vegetable oils (high in inflammatory omega-6 fatty acid), refined sugar, flavour enhancers (E numbers, or monosodium glutamate), anti-caking agents, and salt (often a lot of salt).
Benefits of flax seeds
Flaxseeds are a nutritious whole food. They are a good source of soluble fibre, readily digested by bacteria in the colon.
- The mucilage in flaxseeds have cholesterol-lowering effects.
- They contain omega-3 essential fatty acids in the form of ALA (alpha-linolenic acid). Omega-3 fatty acids are essential for keeping our cells functioning, they make up grey matter in the brain, are needed for a healthy nervous system and optimal retina function.
- ALA is protective against risks of cardiovascular disease.
- Flaxseeds contain lignans, which helps reduce the risk of estrogenic cancers such as breast cancer.
- Ground flaxseeds increase the bioavailability of lignans.
- ALA in flaxseeds is an ethical, sustainable, palatable and safe alternative to the omega-3’s found in fish.
Psyllium Husk Benefits
Psyllium husk comes from a shrub-like herb called Plantago ovata or ispaghula, which grows worldwide but is most common in India. Each plant produces up to 15,000 tiny, gel-coated seeds, from which psyllium husk is derived. Psyllium husk is best known as a natural laxative that is commonly found in health stores.
Pumpkin seed Benefits
Pumpkin seeds are rich in minerals including zinc, phosphorus, magnesium, manganese, iron and copper. They are a good source of vitamin K and are excellent for prostate health. Zinc deficiency show up as tiny white spots on your nails and are linked to osteoporosis, hypothyroidism and hair loss.
They are a rich source of vitamin E and selenium. Selenium is an antioxidant that promotes tissue elasticity and protects the skin from sun damage.
How can I get more information and stay informed?
For updates on our website and products, be sure to follow Ready Raw on Instagram and Facebook. We love seeing how our customers are enjoying Ready Raw bagels and mini bagel chips at home. Please tag us in your pics :)
Also check out our Reviews section to see how the media has been sharing the love.
Partner & Wholesale Enquiry
Wholesale enquiries or to bring our unique products to a store near you? Please contact us with your enquiry.
Any other questions?
Drop us a line with your questions. We'd love to hear from you.